Featured on Home, Governmental, Transportation
I-10 Antioch Road Interchange Project
I-10/Antioch Road Interchange Project
Okaloosa County, Fla.
ABC Group is serving as the public information consultant for the new Interstate 10 (I-10) interchange near Antioch Road/P.J. Adams Parkway in Crestview. The new interchange will be signed “Exit 53,” and be located approximately 2.6-miles west of State Road (S.R.) 85 and 1,400-feet east of the existing County Road (C.R) 4 (Antioch Road) bridge over I-10.
The new interchange will provide an alternative to the heavily-traveled S.R. 85 corridor, thereby improving regional mobility, delivering congestion relief, and accommodating future growth that will support economic development along with the expansion of evacuation and emergency access routes.
The approximately $73-million construction project includes:
- Constructing a new I-10 interchange (Exit 53) near Antioch Road/P.J. Adams Parkway.
- Constructing a new I-10 bridge that will pass over P.J. Adams Parkway.
- Erecting new sound walls along I-10 to provide a buffer between the interstate traffic and nearby private properties.
- Constructing a new four-lane corridor that will extend P.J. Adams Parkway and become part of the planned Crestview Bypass.
- Adding five-foot bicycle lanes and six-foot sidewalks along both sides of P.J. Adams Parkway.
The ABC Group team is responsible for developing and implementing a comprehensive Community Awareness Plan (CAP) that included identifying key stakeholders, developing branding and messaging, holding public information open houses and groundbreaking, managing social and earned media, and developing collateral materials. The public information team prides itself in providing timely and accurate information to help stakeholders make informed travel decisions about our travel plans and keeping the community updated on the progress of the project.